Like to join our waitlist? Fill in the form below or download our application form.
Thank you for your interest in The Range Children’s Centre
If you would like to see the facility, please phone the office to make an appointment:
03 9397 8244
The Range Children’s Centre opened in September 1994. The Centre caters for 72 children in Childcare and within the premises a 4 year old Kindergarten operates, along with a self funded 3 year old program.
The Centre is managed by a community based Management Committee made up of elected parents and staff.
The Centre aims to provide children with many developmental opportunities throughout their day. The programs are flexible and meet with the needs of the children.
Families are encouraged to become part of the Centre, assisting where possible, and spending time at the Centre if they wish.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Centre is open Monday to Friday from 7.00am to 6.00pm.
The Centre closes over the Christmas period each year (dates are notified to families each year) and all allocated public holidays throughout the year.
DAILY FEE $117.00 per child
Families are able to apply for Childcare Assistance from Centrelink to assist them with Childcare Fees. This application involves an income assessment carried out at the Centrelink Office.
- A developmental program designed and implemented by professional staff.
- Social opportunities for parents.
- Nutritious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- A safe and happy environment.
A $50.00 non-refundable administration fee is payable at the time of handing in your child’s wait list application form. This fee is not refundable regardless of whether a place is offered or not.
Payments via EFT may be made into the Centre’s bank account
- Account Name: The Range Children’s Centre Inc
- BSB: 633-000
- Account Number: 108289521
- Reference: (Child’s Name)
Cheques should be made payable to “The Range Children’s Centre”
No cash is kept on the premises for security reasons.
When a child is offered a place at the centre families are encouraged to undergo an orientation process. It is a good idea to allow yourself and your child two weeks to settle into the centre.
During orientation you spend time at the Centre with your child. This gives your child the knowledge that they are in a safe environment. It allows them to explore with the security that you are nearby and allows them to experience interaction with other children. It also provides parents with an opportunity to meet staff, ask questions, observe routines and staff interactions and feel happy with the environment in which you have chosen to leave your child.
THE WAITING LIST
The Centre maintains the wait list. It is very difficult to predict when places may become available as this depends on movement within the Centre.
When you complete your form be sure to write down if you are flexible…
- You may accept some of your requested days if all of them do not become available immediately.
- You are willing for one of your children to begin care before the other if a place becomes available.
- You may only need a certain number of days care (eg: 3 days) but they may be negotiable.
When your form is placed on the list it is placed in date order according to the room where your child will fit into the Centre.
The waiting list is not numbered. There are many things to consider when offering places.
- The Government guidelines for priority of access including.
- A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
- Working / studying parents/ single parent
- Children or parents with a continuing disability.
- Priority at The Range is given to siblings of children already attending the centre and children who are enrolled in the kindergarten program.
- The days which become available. If one day becomes available it may not suit families who require more and are not flexible.
- The dynamics of the room. The Range prides itself on providing quality care. Part of this quality is to ensure that the room is well balanced so that all children are receiving optimum care and nurturing opportunities.
CONTACTING THE CENTRE
Please contact the Centre if:
- You wish to enquire about your position on the list
- If your contact details have changed
Unborn babies are permitted on the list however; the centre is to be contacted within the first three months of the child’s birth. If the centre is not contacted in this time the child will be taken off the list without any follow up.
It is wise to place your child on waiting lists very early. There can be a considerable wait especially for children under three years of age.
The Range Children’s Centre caters for 72 children in its child care facility. We have a record of interest in child care for those waiting for a place to become available.
Please note if you do not pay the administration fee your waiting list form remains inactive until payment is received by us. Should you no longer require care it would be appreciated if you contacted the Centre so we can adjust our records accordingly.